Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Coconut Cream Oatmeal!



So it's Hump day! I am glad that the weeks seem to be going by quickly. I think I have adjusted to the time change, but I admit I feel like hibernating once the sun drops down for the night. I hope that everyone is sleeping well, drinking plenty of clean water and trying to eat as balanced and healthy as possible. I wanted to share this oatmeal recipe with you. Not only is this delicious - if you heart coconut the way I do you will looove this - but it is packed full of good, healthy and beneficial things. Plus it feels like a little bite of the tropics on a cold wintry day. I used to just add the coconut butter into the oatmeal which is good too, but I saw this recipe for coconut cream here and had to give it a try!

Go ahead and prepare your oatmeal as directed according to the package and directions - however I do not use water I like to replace the water with unsweetened vanilla almond milk * only 40 calories a cup* and it makes the oatmeal sweet and thick.

Next you will prepare your coconut cream to mix into your oats.
You will want this for the coconut cream:
1 frozen banana
1/4 tsp pure vanilla
1 tablespoon coconut butter
1-2 teaspoons of almond milk

You will want to put the coconut butter/vanilla/almond milk in a small bowl and zap it in the micro for about 15 seconds to soften the coconut butter. Go ahead and toss your banana in the food processor and begin to break it up and add in your coconut butter mixture and whirl it away until it becomes smooth.

Add into your oatmeal and mix together. If it isn't sweet enough for you add 1 packet of stevia to the oatmeal and mix it up. You may want to pop it back in the micro for about 45 seconds or less just to heat it through. The frozen banana makes it thick and creamy, but will make it cool too, so if you want warm oatmeal just give it a quick reheat. You can top with a sprinkling of unsweetened coconut if you wish - and of course I always wish to :-}

No comments:

Post a Comment