Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gingerbread Cinnamon Muffins!


Hello and TGIAF! How is everyone? I wanted to make something Christmas-y that wasn't too bad but would satisfy the sweet tooth, so I pulled out my old faithful Southaven Farms muffin mixes out. If you haven't tried these you really should! They are low in fat and made with whole grains and are unsweetened.They make wonderful bases for muffins, pancakes, waffles, and cakes. I mainly use these mixes for muffins and haven't tried one that I don't love! I used one box of the Ginger spice Southaven farm mix with unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup organic raw sugar, 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips and a mix of plain Greek yogurt and low fat organic vanilla yogurt. I just followed the recipe on the side of their box, but replaced the milk with almond mikl and cut back on the amount of sugar. That's it and these are so wonderfully delicious and nothing that will break your diet bank so-to-speak of course...lol! I can easily resist some of these more dangerous treats when I have a batch of these on hand. These also store in the freezer perfectly! Here is the Southaven Farms website. I am not paid or sponsored at all by Southaven Farms; I bought these mixes and am giving you my indepent review.






Ya tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment