Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lemon Feta Artichoke Chicken Say What?



This is a nice flavorful dish! Easy, light and so good! Before begining you will want to start your rice. Now you can use brown rice or whatever you prefer, however I love Jasmine rice; it is my guilty pleasure. I take one cup rice to two cups of water and one teaspoon of veggie oil and a dash of sea salt and bring to a boil. You will want to boil until most all of the water is evaporated- when the water just skims on the top of the rice - and cover the rice with a lid on LOW for 15 minutes then shut off from heat and let sit for 5 minutes (or until ready to eat- I leave it covered until ready to serve so it stays warm).

Next you will take 3-4 chicken breasts and place in a pan with a little bit of olive oil spray and brown the breasts. Makre sure you flavor the chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, and whatever else you may like. After they are partially cooked through you will want to cut up into pieces and allow the meat to cook through. I add about 1/2 of an onion (red onion or sweet onion works best) to saute a little in the oil.

Next, you will want to dice up your artichoke (make sure you drain the juice) and add after the chicken is cooked through. Mix it well and let it warm through( about 5 minutes) and squeeze your lemon juice over the entire pan. I use 2 lemons, but it is up to your taste. I have used one before too and it was good, but I heart lemon so I add the extra! Allow to simmer and the flavors to come together a bit - only need a few minutes- and finally crumble your feta cheese over the top while on low heat to allow the feta to melt just a bit over the top! That's it, just add onto your jasmine rice and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment