Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday: The Official Start of Christmas Season!

Hello! How did everyone make out yesterday? I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. One of my traditions is to start Thanksgiving morning with a newspaper so that I can look through all of the Black Friday ads while I drink coffee with my Sister and Mom. Now, we don't look through these ads because we will participate in the Black Friday shopping, ummm, no thank-you! We wouldn't consider that and nothing about that sounds fun to me, but we do love looking at all of the sales and of course we have to discuss everything!

I thought I would give you a quick recap of some of the favs from yesterday. Oh there was a beautiful big turkey

My Sister made an 8 layer mac & cheese...straight into heaven's gate with a bite of this

My Grandma Dee's Sweet Potato Casserole(one of my favorites!)
This is her holiday salad... now this is my kind of salad cool whip included...


I like to call these three dishes the trinity of Thanksgiving :-} The mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green bean casserole. Let's face it these are standard for T-day dinner!





Some of my favorite desserts included this ah.maz.ing pumpkin cheesecake and old fashioned banana pudding


What are you favorites? You know the dishes you dream about!

In honor of black Friday, I thought it would be fun to give you the "Cooking Enthusiasts Christmas Wish list guide". A few gift ideas for the ultimate foodie! Oh, and these are all available online (Amazon has everything listed) so no need to go through the brutality of waiting in those long lines and fist fighting your neighbor trying to grab the last one on the shelf.

French rolling pin







microplane

Giada's hand held strainer


So what's on your Christmas list this year? I hope you all enjoy your day today. I am getting ready to put up the Christmas decorations. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment