Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cha..Cha...Chicken!



Hello and Happy Humpday! How are all of my fellow foodies doing today? I have been pretty good. I cannot believe that it is already Wednesday. This week is flying by for me. I was inspired this week by this little jar of peppers that I found at Trader Joe's (I have seen these at other stores too - you could also replace these with roasted red peppers).
These are not too sweet and not too spicy, just the perfect in between! So I decided to stuff my chicken breasts with these delicious peppers and goat cheese and I was so pleased with the results. My husband even commented on how tasty the chicken turned out.

What you need:
3-4 chicken breasts (or however many you need)
A good chunk of goat cheese or you can buy the already crumbled goat cheese
1 jar of peppers - you can use any kind you prefer here
olive oil
salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder

Preheat your oven to 350. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper (a trick a friend of mine suggested and I have never looked back - thanks Darren). Now you will trim your chicken breasts making sure they are lean and ready to stuff. I actually had really thick breasts this time so I gave them each a few whacks with my tenderizer and then sliced each one down the middle creating an opening that I could stuff. Be sure not to slice all the way through the breasts so that you can close your flaps back down over the stuffing.





Next you will stuff each chicken breast with a bit of the goat cheese and diced peppers. Close the flap over and spray with Olive Oil spray and season each one. I actually prefer the garlic with parsley for my chicken. Bake for about 50 - 60 minutes. Baking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken so just keep an eye on it. Mine took a bit longer today becuase the chicken breasts were so darn big :-) That is it! Chicken with a twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment