Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One Minute Migas!



Hi! How are you today? I have had a bad case of one day ahead syndrome all day today. So all day today I thought that it was already Thursday. :-> Geez, I am getting way too ahead of myself this week.

OK, I was going to wait and post this recipe when I make the full version, but I thought it would be nice to just give it to you even if it is the minute version. I mean you may want to make this on the run. This recipe is super quick and easy. I mean it literally takes just a minute or two. I usually like to make this recipe more in depth and add black beans, salsa, bell peppers, onions and a dollop of sour cream; however, today I am just giving you the stripped down minute version. I hope that you will use your imagination and make this recipe your own. It really is a meal fit for any time of the day. Super filling and satisfying. Also, you can increase this recipe for the servings that you would like. I just use 1-2 eggs per person and 1-2 corn tortillas per person.


For 1 small serving:
1 organic egg
1 corn tortilla
1/2 avocado - sliced
about 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce
*Can top with sour cream and/or salsa


Start with your corn tortilla(s) and spray with olive oil cooking spray and heat your pan to high heat and let the tortilla get crispy. You will want to do both sides of your tortilla.

When the tortilla(s) is nice and crispy cut it into bite sized pieces and add in your enchilada sauce. The pan will be hot and the sauce will sizzle and brown up a bit, but that gives the tortilla(s) such a nice flavor.

Now usually I will scramble my eggs in a pan and add them in, but for the minute version I just cracked one egg in a bowl that has also been sprayed with the olive oil cooking spray and whipped it and put it in the microwave for a minute. Then just remove your tortilla enchilada mixture from the pan and place on your plate and top with your scrambled egg. Place your avocado on top and add hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, etc., whatever your heart desires. That's it! Like I said I almost didn't post this, but figured everyone could use a simple minute meal!I will make the full version of this sometime and post it for you.

Have a wonderful Wednesday (OK, now I am aware that it is Wed. and not Thursday..LOL) afternoon/evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment