Friday, November 19, 2010

TGIF! Healthy Superfood HeartBalls!


TGIF! How are you? I know everyone is looking forward to the holiday next week. What are your weekend plans? I have a lot of grocery shopping and cleaning this weekend to do. This year Thanksgiving will be at my house. I am excited to finally have the chance to host Thanksgiving dinner at my house. The dining room is nearly finished and ready. I am really excited this year!

I am really happy to share this recipe with you. I wanted to give you a super healthy and delicious snack recipe. This idea is based on the larabar! A raw blend of nuts and dates. If you love almond joys or mounds bars this is for you! Only these have no added sugar or artificial ingredients - and the biggest benefit (aside from the amazing taste) is the benefits these ingredients have for your heart and body.

The star of this show is the Cacao Bliss! This amazing little jar of wonderfulness is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!
It is a little costly, but I have had this jar for months and I only use a little amount here and there so I find it lasts and lasts and is worth every penny. I ordered mine online along with Coconut Butter. Some (and these are just a few) of the listed health benefits of raw Cacao include: high in magnesium, rich in flavanoids with antioxidant properties that are beneficial to the heart, helps to maintain healthy hair and skin, and can help with healthy aging. I don't over indulge, but when I want something sweet or a chocolaty kind of treat I make these up and will eat one after lunch or dinner and it totally satisfies my chocolate craving and leaves me feeling energized. These little balls are like little energy balls! You can form these into bars also, but I prefer just a little bit at a time - I find it just enough! Oh and don't even get me started on the health benefits of nuts! :-}

So for this recipe you only need 3 ingredients.
You can double this recipe if you want just be sure to keep these wrapped up and in the fridge. I find they stay good for about 4 or 5 days with no problems. This recipe as is yields about 7 balls.

About 17 Whole Pitted Dates - rough chopped ends up to be about 1 cup
1/3 cup whole cashews
1 tablespoon of Cacao Bliss

Start by laying out 2 pieces of saran wrap on the counter. Next add your roughly chopped dates and whole cashews into your food processor.
Pulse off and on until everything is nice and chopped. Add in your tablespoon of Cacao and pulse again for a few seconds. The Cacoa adds a nice moistness to your batter allowing it to all come together. Carefully dump your mixture onto the saran wrap and work it together with your hands allowing it to all come together.

Now you will just grab a little bit at a time and form into balls. You can make these any size you like, but I come out with about 7.

You may only see 6 here -- oops one accidentally fell in my mouth...

Just wrap these little babies up in the saran wrap and store in the fridge. OK, I am off. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment