Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10




Hi! It has been a nice and relaxing Sunday! I hope that everyone is having a lovely weekend. So today is 10-10-10. It occurred to me that next year we will have 9-10-11, pretty cool, huh?! I have tried a few new recipes this week and they were all disastrous. I tried inside out stuffed bell peppers and homemade ravioli. These were recipes I came up with and they were disastrous...LOL! I will give them both another try with some very much needed adaptations. Hopefully, with the changes I will be able to post them soon. Fingers are crossed :-)

So based on my need for comfort food I made these turkey sausage sandwiches. These are so good and filling, and they make the house smell so good while the sauce is cooking.

You need a package of Turkey sausage - the hot & spicy ones are really good too.
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 small can of tomatoes paste
1 small onion finely chopped

Poke a few holes with a fork in your sausages. Place in a pan and brown. You will cook them on medium heat for about 8 minutes or so until they are just slightly brown. Meanwhile chop up your garlic and onion. Add to the pan with a touch of Olive oil. saute for a few minutes (about 4-5). Add your crushed tomatoes and paste and stir well. You will want to put a lid on and cook on low with the lid on for about 45 minutes - leave the lid on during this time and do not lift it up. Turn the heat off and set a timer for 25minutes. Let your sauce and sausages sit with the lid on without heat for 25 minutes. Once the timer goes off - leaving the lid on- turn heat back on low for another 45 minutes. Now its OK to lift off lid and stir. This will be very flavorful! You can slice your sausage and put it in a roll and top with cheese if you like. This makes a great football meal too. My hubby loves these!

Hope you all have a nice and relxing Sunday! Make it a good one :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment