Friday, October 1, 2010

TGIF & Easy Fish Tacos!


Happy Friday! This week seemed to fly by. I am looking forward to the weekend and to the cooler temps. We had a thunderstorm last night and it was nice - we don't get too many of those here. We also have had some sprinkles off and on today and it looks like it could really storm later. I am just glad that the 100+ temps have seemingly gone away.

I wanted a quick and nutritious lunch and had 2 packets of boneless, skinless wild Salmon so thought it would be a perfect time to try fish tacos!




I had a packet of tri-colored cabbage and tossed it with a bit of apple cider vinegar and a dash of sea salt about an hour prior to serving.
I let it sit in the fridge. All you have to do is open your packet of salmon, drain and put in a pan to heat through. I love to spray my corn tortillas with Pam and let them crisp up in a pan. These make the perfect low fat tortilla. I especially love chicken tacos with the shells made this way!

Some topping ideas for these are: avocado, a squeeze of lemon or lime, cheese, salsa, low fat sour cream...I tried it simple today with a tiny drop of sour cream and some salsa.

Hope Everyone has a fantastic Friday! I think I am going to take my chances with the rain and head off to Costco.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm....these are delish, I am stealing this recipe

    ReplyDelete