Wednesday, October 13, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza!







Hello and Happy Hump day! So I have had California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ chicken pizza on my mind for a few weeks now. I knew that this craving couldn't be tamed until I had some and since the closest CPK is about 60 miles away I knew I had to make my own and that is just what I did. So you will want to make this immediately...I mean read this blog post and go make it right now! I was so surprised at how good this turned out! You will want to start with pizza crust. You can buy this (Boboli makes a great whole wheat pizza crust, Trader Joe also makes pre-made whole wheat dough) you can make this using this recipe right here

What you need:
Pizza crust
BBQ sauce - I love Sweet Baby Rays
Frank's Hot Sauce
One half of a small red onion
Chicken (about 1-2 chicken breast baked in a BBQ sauce and Franks hot sauce and garlic powder marinade)
Cheese - I like Colby & Monterey Jack for this recipe

Now you will want to bake some chicken breasts/tenders. Make sure this is thin and trim meat. You wont need too much. I just used the left over chicken for BBQ chicken sandwiches for the kiddos. So you will want to marinate the chicken with some BBQ sauce and Franks Hot Sauce and garlic powder. Let it marinate for about 1 hour and go ahead and bake it. You will want to place 2 - 3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce on the pizza crust (I only used 2) and thinly chop some red onion. Layer the thinly chopped red onion on top of the BBQ sauce that is on your pizza dough. Now you will chop up your cooked chicken into small bits and sprinkle that on top of your pizza crust. Lastly you will want a little cheese. I used Colby & Monterey Jack cheese and not a lot, but live a little bit here too :-) I have found a little bit really does go a long way. Now you just need to pop it into the over at around 450 for 8-10 minutes. Make sure the crust is baked and crispy and your cheese is all melted. Mine was ready at about 9minutes. ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment