Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BBQ Chicken Tenders!






I have a notebook filled with recipes that I have found and that have inspired me, basically ones that I will one day try. This recipe has been on the top of that dream list and today I finally had the chance to make this W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L recipe!This recipe can be found on Howsweeteats.com website. My husband and children have a real affectionate love for chicken tenders so I knew the real test audience would be them. Well, they loved these and have already requested that I make them again. I took two of the tenders and chopped them up in a delicious veggie salad (you could eat these plain, or in a wrap with a ton of veggies, in a quesadilla, or like I did and add a little to some salad, really endless possibilities). My family just ate these with a side of BBQ sauce for dipping, but again you can do whatever you prefer and like. I added a side of sweet potato fries for them and it was a comforting and filling meal. So, here is what you will need to make this dream a reality:

1 to 2 LBS of skinless/boneless chicken breast tenders
2 cups of low fat buttermilk
1/4 cup BBQ sauce ( I use Sweet Baby Ray's - Is there any better?!?)
2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tablespoons McCormick's BBQ Seasoning
1 Tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tsp. Garlic powder

You will want to marinate your chicken tenders in a dish. You can marinate for as little as 2 hours or for as long as overnight. I marinated mine for 3 1/2 hours. For the marinade you will mix the buttermilk and BBQ sauce and add your chicken and cover. When you are ready preheat oven to 450. In a large bowl add panko, BBQ seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and flour. Coat each piece of chicken in the panko mix and lay each piece on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Continue until all chicken is coated. Spray them down with Cooking oil or olive oil before baking.

Bake on one side for 10-12 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over and spray that side and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment