Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Day Away, Pumpkin Crisis & A Grilled Turkey Rueben!




Hello! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Football has arrived, but sadly canned pumpkin has not! So, I have been to 5 stores desperately seeking pumpkin and no one has any! Nor, can any of the store managers tell me when they expect some in. This cannot be happening! Does anyone know where to find the great canned pumpkin?!?! On a brighter note, we got to go to Disneyland/California Adventure yesterday. I won tickets to World of Color and it included a 1 day hopper pass. We had such a great day! The World of Color show was incredible! Such a great day away. I feel so fortunate to have won the tickets. After yesterday and my failed attempt for pumpkin I wanted...no needed some comfort food. I decided to make a grilled turkey Reuben. Now I know not everyone is a kraut fan, but if you are you need to make this. It is so good and so satisfying. I have made it low fat so that there is no guilt associated with this comforting sammy. Here is what I used:

2 slices of sourdough bread
1 wedge of light spreadable laughing cow cheese
2 slices of Hormel Natural Turkey (contains no nitrates/nitrites)
a bit of sauerkraut
Olive Oil Spray
Mustard

I just spread the laughing cow cheese on the sourdough bread and placed the turkey and sauerkraut on it and sprayed the outside of the bread and grill. I also put some mustard inside once it was done. It was perfect! Great sandwich.

Well, hopefully I can find some canned pumpkin because I have some A - M-azing recipes I want to try. Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment