Wednesday, September 15, 2010

POM Marinated Deliciousness!




This is a wonderful recipe from Greenlitebites.com. Roni has some amazing recipes that always inspire me. She uses healthy ingredients that satisfy! You should give her site a visit. I have made her POM marinated chicken with brown rice and spinach many times and have switched it up a little here and there depending on what I have at the time. I have used chicken and turkey cutlets and I have swapped the brown rice for jasmine rice...it's all good! I'm just saying I don't think you can do wrong with this recipe! It's just so good! Today I made it with the turkey breast cutlets because that is what I had and brown rice. I do love my jasmine rice though too! Whatever you decide to use you will not be disappointed. Roni's recipe can be found here: http://greenlitebites.com/2010/05/20/pom-chicken-brown-rice-spinach/
She has much better pics than I do so check her site out! Here you go....


Here are the ingredients:
• 4 oz POM juice
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp honey or agave
• 1 tsp dried tarragon
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
• 3 boneless skinless chicken breast (About a pound) OR about 1lb of turkey breast cutlets
• About 2 cups cooked brown rice I used Minute Instant brown rice
• 2-3 cups of baby spinach

Whisk the POM juice, honey (or agave), vinegar, tarragon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pierce the chicken/turkey a few times with a fork and let sit and marinate for at least a half an hour. I usually let it marinate for an hour.

Usually before I start cooking my meat I will start my rice so that it is ready to add. Try to keep your rice warm though that way it will be quick once you add to the meat.

Place the chicken/turkey in the hot pan. It will smoke and sizzle but do not touch it. Let it sear for around 2 minutes. After 2 minutes turn over. Cook for one more minute and remove the chicken/turkey from the heat and cut into pieces. It will not be fully cooked yet, but we are not done cooking it. Return the meat to the pan and add the left over marinade to the pan at this point.Allow it to cook your meat thoroughly. Bring it to a boil, this will not take long since your pan should still be hot.

Now you will want to add your cooked rice to the pan of meat and stir. Add your baby spinach and stir and once it starts to lightly wilt shut off the heat and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment