Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Green With Envy!



This is for my Mom because I have been trying to get her to drink these for a few months... OK Mom, now you have the directions so no more excuses..(he he)! I have to tell you that green monsters are one of my favorite things! They are so tasty and so wonderfully good for you! I mean even the kids ask me for one almost everyday. I have experimented with different types of nut butters - cashew butter and coconut butter - and my good old faithful almond butter and they are all so good! You just cannot go wrong! Trust me when I say you will not taste the spinach! It is the easiest way to get your greens down. All you need is Almond Milk - use the vanilla unsweetened at only 40 calories for 1 cup. -organic spinach 2 heaping handfuls, 1 to 2 tablespoons almond butter (or peanut butter or cashew or coconut...anything you like)amount depends on how nutty you like it, honestly 1 tablespoon is usually perfect for me, 1 frozen banana (what I like to do is take my ripe bananas and peel them, break them into three pieces, and freeze them, that way they are ready to grab and throw in for the perfect smoothie. 1 scoop of Vanilla protein powder (this is optional, but I do recommend. Use a quality brand. I use ValerieSaxion or GPRX brands) No ice is needed and trust me the frozen banana will make it creamy and thick and give it a great consistency. Kids love these too and you can really feel good about giving it to them. Great way to get your raw greens in! If you haven't tried these before, please please, please try!

No comments:

Post a Comment