Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Is it already the end of Septmeber?





Happy Hump Day! I hope that everyone is having a good week so far. It seems to be flying by this week. I think that time speeds up toward the end of the year, do you think so too?

So we are almost in October and having 100 degree temps here in S. California. Ugh! I am so ready for this heat to end. We are in Fall and it feels like the middle of Summer. Although I really shouldn't complain because we really did have a mild Summer this year. So not wanting to spend too much time in the kitchen I made a quick and easy - effortless really lunch. Burritos! You cannot go wrong with this easy recipe. The kids love it too, although I have to mash the beans a little so a certain son will not complain about beans. He suddenly declared his disgust for beans so I have had to resort to creative ways to sneaking them into his diet :-) So, if you don't have picky kids/spouse you are cooking for, feel free to skip the mashing portion of the recipe (can you call this a recipe? It's just too easy). Enjoy!

What you need:
Flour shells of your choice
1.25lbs of ground turkey 97% fat free
1 can of your beans of choice - today I used reduced sodium Pinto beans
dash of onion powder
dash of garlic powder
dash of chili powder
dash of sea salt

Toppings can be anything you like. Cheese, low fat sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes...etc.

Place your turkey in pan and season then cook through on medium heat. After turkey is cooked through drain your beans and add into turkey. Cook for a few minutes to heat through. You can mash the beans with a masher if you want. Scoop onto your warmed shell and top and eat! That's it. I love sour cream & salsa on mine.

I just wanted to add here that if you have leftovers it taste incredible warmed up and tossed over lettuce. I then add some low fat sour cream and salsa and you have a great tasting taco salad!

Anyone seen any good movies lately? I finally got to watch the movie The Killers thanks to Netflix! It was a cute movie. I look forward to all the new releases that come out this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment